- 1kg boneless pork shoulder, skin removed
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 300ml beer
- 300ml Three Threes BBQ Rib sauce
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 brioche buns
- 2 large carrots
- 2 beetroots, washed, peeled and trimmed
- 1 tablespoon Three Threes Apple Sauce
Preheat oven to 180C.
Sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper.
Warm half the oil in a large ovenproof dish over medium heated stove top.
Add the pork and cook for 3 minutes each side or until browned.
Remove pork and set aside.
Add the remaining oil, onion, tomato paste, paprika, cumin and garlic powder to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until softened.
Return the pork to the pan with the beer, Three Threes BBQ Rib sauce and stock.
Cover with a lid and place in the oven for 3 hours or until pork is tender.
Remove pork and shred the meat.
Return the pork to the cooking liquid and mix.